2020 Annual Campaign
Now, more than ever, our community’s kids and families need our support. In March, we were forced to close our doors at all three Clubs due to the COVID-19 crisis. Since then, we have continued to work in a variety of ways to create a sense of place and belonging for the children we serve. Our efforts have included:
- Dramatically expanding our paid leave policy to keep our staff on payroll and help minimize economic disruptions in the community;
- Reaching out individually to Club families to determine how we can best serve them during this time;
Launching free, interactive Virtual Club sessions to offer area kids new ways to connect with our caring Youth
- Development Professionals and with each other;
- Preparing 400+ Summer Kick-Off kits containing snacks and educational supplies for current Club members and Pax Center food pantry clients; and
- Sending birthday cards to our Club members at their homes.
We are now reopening our Westcott Club and gearing up to safely provide services in a world that looks completely different than it used to. Due to the economic uncertainty our country faces, we expect the demand for our low-cost services to be higher than ever. Meanwhile, the expenses associated with high quality youth development programming will increase due to the need for lower staff/member ratios, Personal Protective Equipment and enhanced cleaning/sanitizing protocols.
As we move forward, we are committed to safety, transparency and evolving as needed to continue to serve our community’s youth. We ask that you consider supporting our work through a gift to our 2020 Annual Campaign. With your support, we will overcome the challenges we currently face and #ReopenOurDoors to build Great Futures for the next generation!